Monday

Groupon & Printerpix photobook deal

With a holiday coming up in the next few weeks I bought a voucher from .com offering a leather (value £34.99) for under £10. Postage would be £4.50 extra but the idea of such a book at £15 is surely a great deal. 

I laid out the book opting for a bigger book for a bit more.  Ultimately I paid £25 which is fair enough and the fee shown in the invoice here is correct.

Printerpix however do their VAT calculation oddly though. VAT should never be calculated before the discount so it seems to me that P'pix are paying HM Gov too much VAT. 

That point aside, the final product was good. I felt a lack of control laying out the book so it wasn't as I'd wanted. While Printerpix offer lots of page layouts there just weren't enough landscape layouts. It seemed that if you needed more than one landscape picture on the page you feel you're losing photo space and gaining blank margins. I've done a dozen of these books with great results but the Printerpix interface could be better. As could the maths.

Comparing the two services: 

Printerpix 26 pages; thicker paper; black leather cover total cost £25 with Groupon voucher
Snapfish 34 pages; regular paper; black linen cover total cost £23 with 50% offer

2 comments:

Aamir Jiwa said...

Roger

First I would like to start by apologies for the miscalculation on the VAT. This happened over the weekend, which has now been fixed. An email is due to go to all customers affected on Friday 4th November to explain the refund process. We have already processed your refund and it should be with you in two to three working days.

With regards to your comments in reference to the landscape layouts we appreciate them and will pass it on to the technical team. The application does allow you freely add images to a page and resize accordingly.

I am glad you are happy with the quality and I hope this mistake on our part does not stop you using us again in the future.

Aamir

Ro G said...

Thank you Aamir.

I'm sorry if I missed a useful layout feature. What I needed was some way for landscape pictures to find the best frames for themselves. The photobook is lovely and your reply is appreciated.